About a month ago it was reported that AT&T is discussing the sale of the gaming division of Warner Bros. 2-4 billion dollars.
Then it was reported that are interested in the deal , Electronic Arts, Activision Blizzard and Take-Two, today, however, publishing The Information was supplemented by news — a potential buyer was Microsoft.
WB Games remains the only successful Hollywood publisher, annually producing up to a billion dollars of revenue. The owner, AT&T is considering a sale in an attempt to at least partially repay your debt to 154 billion dollars.
The Information, however, emphasizes that the conglomerate still has not decided whether to sell the unit. Publisher quite successful, in spite of the turnover of the entire Warner Bros., which reaches 34 billion dollars, it looks “minor”.
WB Games includes many studios, including:
- Monolith — Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, F. E. A. R., Condemned
- NetherRealm — Mortal Kombat, Injustice
- Rocksteady series of Batman: Arkham
- TT Games — games by LEGO
- WB Montreal — for Batman: Arkham Origins, following Batman
- Avalanche Software — the upcoming RPG based on the “Harry Potter”.
If the publisher still buy it the new owner will get the rights to franchises like Mortal Kombat and F. E. A. R., however, the projects on the “Lord of the rings”, the DC comics and “Harry Potter” have to license from Warner Bros.
More on Gambling
- Ice-Pick Lodge has announced three new games for smartphones
- Remaster Command & Conquer appeared because of the negativity around mobile C&C: Rivals
- The audience Forward Ubisoft will bring Watch Dogs 2