In early November we told you about Nathan brown’s criticism of the magazine EDGE, which refused to stop their Death Stranding, together with what he complained about the policy of Sony regarding embargoes: can’t write a review without finishing the game.
Then the author said that he did not intend to pass Death Stranding, writing a kind of preview based on approximately 46 hours with no plans for a full review. Perhaps after the criticism from the readers, he decided to finish the project.
In the end, game set 6 out of 10, that EDGE can be considered a fairly high rating. However, while the text has not yet appeared on the web, we still don’t know why after a fairly loud criticism, the author has set so high a rating.
By the way, is much more controversial Shenmue III also 6 points, and the remake of “Mora” — 9-th. Life is Strange-2 received a “five”.
In addition, in the latest issue summed up the expiring year, naming the best new 2019:
- Outer Wilds
- Telling Lies
- Sayonara Wildhearts
- Apex Legends
- Baba is You
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Disco Elysium
- Astral Chain
The winners of the major nominations
- The best game for PS4 — “Blood and truth” (Truth and Blood)
- The best project for Xbox One — Xbox Game Pass
- The best game for the Nintendo Switch — Astral Chain
- Best game for PC — Disco Elysium
- The best game for VR — Pistol Whip
- Best visual design — Sayonara Wild Hearts
- The best story — Telling Lies
- “Piece of iron” of the year — Oculus Quest
- Mobile game of the year — Grindstone
- Publisher of the year — Annapurna Interactive
- Studio of the year — Respawn.
On the cover of the latest issue, by the way, the first poster Lord of the Rings: Gollum — action games on the “Lord of the rings” about Gollum from Daedalic, the makers of Deponia, State of Mind, The Long Journey Home.