During the opening ceremony of Gamescom 2019, the Opening Ninght Live, were awarded the first Gamescom Awards 2019 broken down by genre and platform. In the last few hours, after the closure of the German trade fair, the jury awarded also special prizes, including one for the best game ever, won by Dreams!
The title of Media Molecule, published in Early Access on PlayStation 4 in April, turns gamers into developers, and was appreciated by the jury because it is an instrument of creation at the same time accessible and incredibly powerful. Borderlands 3 won the award for best multiplayer game, while Marvel’s Iron Man and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne gone are the awards for the best game in VR, and for the best game in continuous development. The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 has been voted the best hardware.
The looter-shooter from 2K and Gearbox also revealed the title of the most awaited by the players, while the Award for best company of the fair went to THQ Nordic. Below are the list of all the prizes awarded:
Gamescom Awards 2019
- Best of Gamescom: Dreams, Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Best VR / AR Game: Marvel’s Iron Man, Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Best Hardware / Technology: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller-Series 2, Microsoft
- Best Multiplayer Game: Borderlands 3, 2K
- Best Ongoing Game: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Capcom Entertainment
- Best Booth: The Indie Arena Booth, Super Crowd Entertainment
- Best eSports Experience: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate gamescom 2019 Invitational, Nintendo
- Best Streamer/Let’s Player: PietSmiet
- Gamescom “Most Wanted Consumer Award : Borderlands 3, 2K
Gamescom Global Awards
- Best Games Company: THQ Nordic
- HEART OF GAMING Award: Diversity with a focus on accessibility
- Gamescom Indie award: El Hijo Honig Studios
- Best of CAMPUS: Super Size Hero, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg
If you have not already done so, you can also refer to the list of the Gamescom Awards 2019 and awarded during the Opening Night Live from last Monday.