The data collected by the NPD Group, regarding the market of american video games in October 2018, show a PS4 big sweep that sells better than Xbox One, and Switch. In total, U.S. consumers have spent 1,545 billion dollars in the sector, with a growth of 73% compared to 2017.
The figure is excellent, but not surprisingly, seen the launches of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Red Dead Redemption 2. However, this is the best result ever recorded in October when the NPD Group monitors the videogame market american. The previous record was made in October 2008 and was us $ 1.35 billion.
Let’s see in detail the data of October 2018:
- Total 1,545 billion (+73% compared to 894 million of October 2017)
- Hardware: $ 300 million (+26% compared to the 238 million of October 2017)
- PC Software and console: 965 million (+104% compared to 473 million of October 2017)
- Accessories: $ 280 million (+54% compared to $ 182 million of October 2017)
These are the figures for the first ten months of 2018 compared to 2017:
- Total: 10,52 billion dollars (+21% compared to the 8,67 billion dollars of 2017)
- Hardware: 2,72 billion dollars (+19% compared to 2.29 billion dollars in 2017)
- PC Software and console: 4.84 billion dollars (+16% compared to 4,18 billion dollars of 2017)
- Accessories: 2,96 billion dollars (+35% compared to 2,19 billion dollars of 2017)